Friday, November 30, 2012

Daydreaming of Greener Pastures (meaning Ireland)

I'm working, it's raining.  Not the usual California "sprinkles" that barely darken the asphalt, or muddy a dusty car, but real rain.  Big drops, changing direction drops, causing flooding of parking lot drops.  (Reminds me of Forrest Gump and all the types of rain in Vietnam!)  I used to hate rainy days.  But, as I grow up, I have learned that rainy days are some of the best type of days.  They are cleansing, renewing, and all important in this drought-laden state.  But more than that, after spending our honeymoon in Ireland, I cannot get enough of these grey sky, God crying days.  I love that outside my window is a green field of grass, and the grey sky background.  If it weren't for the traffic driving by on the main street outside my office, I could almost pretend I were still in Ireland.  Well, except for the music I have on in my office, that is not advertising for Bon Jovi in June 2013, or the keys on my keyboard being where they are supposed to be.  By the way, if you have never used a keyboard in Ireland, the "@" key and the quotation mark key are in opposite locations, which was really confusing when trying to check my email!

I miss the rolling green hills, the fresh Guinness pints, the accents, the miniature cars driving the wrong way on the wrong side of the road, the sheep with painted butts, the rain, and the beauty when the rain stops for a brief moment and the sky clears and the colors of the land just glow and sparkle with drops of rain.  I miss being on my honeymoon.  I miss the excitement of not knowing what the next town was going to be like (although they were all quite similar).  

And now, I must get back to work, with thoughts of greener pastures dancing in my head... 

No comments:

Post a Comment