Friday, November 16, 2012

My First Blog Post. Ever.

So, I've always dreamed of having my very own blog - a place I can call my own, dedicated solely to my own thoughts, fears, experiences, goals, desires.  Something dedicated to my life, that people may or may not read, may or may not enjoy, but mainly for my own record keeping.  A virtual diary that is public.  Scary, honest, open.

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, whether it is during a thought process break at work, or at home while waiting for the husb'd to arrive home from a meeting, and I have become so envious of these women who are able to get sponsors and have giveaways.  All for posting about their ordinary, and sometimes extraordinary, lives.  

I've always been fond of writing.  I was an English major at UCSB, and I have always wanted to be a writer.  I dreamed of writing for a magazine, and during a college course on Magazine writing, I tried desperately hard to have a piece published.  It was a very personal piece about my sister, who was born when I was 13 years old, and what a blessing (and a curse) she was on my life.  Looking back, it probably wasn't my best choice for a first piece to have published, but I was proud of myself for my honesty in my thoughts, fears and experiences.  My hope is that this blog will provide a forum for my own honesty in sharing, or at least voicing into cyberspace my thoughts, fears and experiences.  So, here's to me - and my first blog.  Ever.

My Mr. and me, in the photo we used in our Save the Date - I adore this blue couch.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment