Friday, January 4, 2013

Newlywed Date Nights

I still haven't gotten over the fact that I will never be picked up to go on a first date, ever again.  My dad will never answer the door with a stern look and a frown, telling a young man he better have me home before 10 p.m.  If I'm really being honest, it has been quite some time since that has happened. We're talking over a DECADE!  {Man, I'm OLD!}  I digress... My mom will never sit down with me the next morning and ask me how it went, or force me to pull weeds super early the next morning for getting home past curfew.  But I guess while I was single, I constantly whined about how much I hated dating, and how much I wanted to settle down and be married.  To not have to worry about dating anymore.  It has also been some time since I have actually "dated."  Chad and I have been together for nearly 4 years, and before that, I was a serial long term relationship junkie, with intermittent periods of dating random guys.  But now that I have found "the one" and we are happily, newly married, I miss the element of surprise and excitement that comes with a new suitor.  Maybe role playing is in my future?

Of course I adore living with my husband, and the fact that I get to go to bed each night and wake up next to my best friend every morning, but sometimes all I want to do is go on a date.  Not even a date that requires getting dressed up and going out to a nice dinner or a show.  The surprise element is gone.  No guessing what he will be wearing, or whether he will be on time, or what he will have planned.  I suppose I could send him out while I am getting ready, or we can get ready separately and "surprise" each other, but that also ruins the best element of going on a date with your husband.  He is already your husband!  

Sampling of Date Night Photos



Office party
Fresno State Football Game

Holiday Party

Brewery tour

So, besides the basic dinner and a movie dates, sporting events, wine/beer tasting, or staying in game night dates, what other dates nights work for newlyweds?  What are some budget friendly options?  I need suggestions, ideas that have worked, and those that haven't, for fun, practical, exciting, and different date night ideas.

1 comment:

  1. One of our favorite stay dates is getting Chinese food and renting a goofy redbox movie. We just lay in bed enjoying the good food and entertainment. It is also super cheap and it allows us to get in our pjs and get plenty of cuddles.

    ReplyDelete